Home » A disturbance will move off Florida’s coast this weekend. That may affect your weather
General Other

A disturbance will move off Florida’s coast this weekend. That may affect your weather

A disturbance will move off Florida’s coast this weekend. That may affect your weather

Forecasters are monitoring a disturbance in Alabama forecast to move into the Atlantic, just offshore the coasts of Georgia and eastern Florida, by the weekend.

It could see some gradual development as it meanders offshore over the weekend and into early next week although its formation chance remains at a low 30% through the next five days, according to a National Hurricane Center advisory early Thursday.

Regardless of development, South Florida should expect the system to bring “higher than normal rain chances” this weekend, according to the National Weather Service. The forecast is calling for a 70% of rain Saturday and Sunday in Miami-Dade and Broward counties. The Keys have slightly lower rain chances, ranging from 30% to 50% depending on where you are in the island chain.

Forecasters say the broad trough of low pressure is associated with a dissipated frontal system over Alabama and Georgia. It’s expected to move off of the southeastern United States coastline on Friday.

About the author

mm

Julia Mangels

Julia has handled various businesses throughout her career and has a deep domain knowledge. She founded Stock Market Pioneer in an attempt to bring the latest news to its readers. She is glued to the stock market most of the times and just loves being in touch with the developments in the business world.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *