Crunchyroll and Adult Swim revealed the cast for their upcoming anime Blade Runner: Black Lotus on Wednesday, and announced a first-look panel at Comic-Con@Home 2021 later this month.
The announcement about the still-mysterious series includes character descriptions, along with the names of each character’s English- and Japanese-language voice actors. On the English-language side, Game of Thrones and Iron Fist actor Jessica Henwick will play the lead character, a replicant named Elle with a secret past. Meanwhile, the series will also include Brian Cox (Succession), Wes Bentley (The Hunger Games), Stephen Root (Office Space), and many other recognizable names.
Here’s a look at the full cast and character list from Crunchyroll and Adult Swim:
- Elle, a female replicant created for a secret and unknown purpose, will be played by Jessica Henwick / Arisa Shida
- Joseph, a mysterious figure who owns a spare parts junkyard in Los Angeles, will be played by Will Yun Lee / Shinshu Fuji
- Alani Davis, a fresh LAPD recruit, will be played by Samira Wiley / Takako Honda
- Niander Wallace Sr, founder and CEO of the Wallace Corporation, will be played by Brian Cox / Takaya Hashi
- Niander Wallace Jr, brilliant scientist working for his father, will be played by Wes Bentley / Takehito Koyasu
- Marlowe, a deadly Blade Runner, will be played by Josh Duhamel / Taiten Kusunoki
- Josephine Grant, the wife of the police chief, will be played by Peyton List / Yoshiko Sakakibara
- Earl Grant, Police Chief of the LAPD, will be played by Stephen Root / Hochu Otsuka
- Doc Badger, a black market dealer, will be played by Barkhad Abdi / Takayuki Kinba
- Senator Bannister, a politician with strong feelings on replicant production, will be played by Gregg Henry / Masane Tsukayama
- Doctor M, a brilliant doctor and professor of medicine, will be played by Henry Czerny / Akio Nojima
- Hooper, a journalist in the pocket of the Wallace Corporation, will be played by Jason Spisak / Kazuki Yao
The series will run 13 episodes and will be directed by Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed) and Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex). The series will be animated by Sola Digital Arts (Ultraman 2019). Meanwhile, legendary director Shinichiro Watanabe, who has directed series like Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and Carole & Tuesday, will serve as a creative producer on the series.
Blade Runner: Black Lotus’ Comic-Con panel will be held on Friday, July 23 at 8 p.m. ET. The panel will include a first look at the series as well as a panel that will include both the series’ co-directors, star Jessica Henwick, executive producer Joseph Chou, voice director Wes Gleason, and senior vice-president and creative director for Adult Swim, Jason DeMarco, who will moderate the panel.
Blade Runner: Black Lotus will air on Adult Swim and Crunchyroll sometime later this year.