A struggling Australian mother perished when she was rummaging through a clothing donation bin for used clothes and became lodged upside down in the receptacle.
Alarrah Lawrence, 33, was discovered with her legs sticking out in the bin in Rockingham on Tuesday morning, according to The Daily Mirror.
Security footage showed Lawrence drive to a shopping center and stand on a plastic bucket to peer into the slot of the bin.
The woman — who is described as petite — slipped and became partially stuck in the container’s deposit box. The bin had a hinge mechanism — which trapped her inside, according to The West Australian.
It was cold and raining during the early morning hours of the fatal accident, the paper explained.
At 5 a.m., a local resident saw Lawrence’s small body “half-in-half-out” of the charity bin.
Investigators told the outlet, which did not identify the victim, that Lawrence likely died of asphyxiation.
“Through our investigation so far it seems to be a non-suspicious death where a person has tragically died through very unfortunate circumstances,” Rockingham Detective-Senior Sergeant Andrew Elliott said, according to the report.
“It seems she became trapped and unable to remove herself from the bin.”
Lawrence left behind an infant son, and her desperate death left loved ones reeling.
“My granddaughter was a beautiful girl … she had a kind heart and brought so much joy to everyone’s lives,” her unnamed grandmother told the Australian paper.
“She was a beautiful little mother and loved her son dearly — she will be missed by many I don’t know what I’m going to do without her.”
Her boyfriend took to Facebook to mourn her loss, according to the Mirror.
“Can’t believe you’re gone. I’m devastated and words can’t explain,” the unidentified man reportedly said.
“I’m going to miss you and I just wish I could tell you I love you one more time my soulmate.”
The donation bin was operated by charitable organization Good Sammy, whose CEO told The West Australian that Lawrence’s death was a “tragic situation.”
“We are shocked and saddened to hear the news this morning. Our immediate thoughts are for the friends and family of the woman involved,” Melanie Kiely reportedly said.
In April, Australian officials warned against climbing in donation bins after a 43-year-old woman died after getting stuck in one, according to News.com.au.
“These bins are designed for a one-way mechanism, they are designed for people to place items in,” Queensland Police Superintendent Rhys Wildman reportedly said.
“They are not play items those bins, obviously there is a risk as unfortunately we found out.”