The Yankees were not sleepless in Seattle this week. Their bats woke up — at least in the first two games of the series — and so did their pitching. They have a pivotal series against the first place Astros staring them down this weekend. This could be a chance for them to go into the All-Star break on Monday with some momentum as they try and get closer in the AL Wild Card race.
To talk about the series in Seattle and look ahead, we bring you a new episode of the “Pinstripe Pod” with Chris Shearn and four-time Yankees World Series champion Jeff Nelson, featuring an interview with longtime WFAN Yankees reporter Sweeny Murti.
Pinstripe Pod Opening Segment with Chris & Jeff:
- YANKEES BEATING MARINERS: Doing what they are supposed to do in Seattle. Jameson Taillon had his best outing of the season. What happened with Domingo German and his root canal? Nellie reffed a basketball game the same day he got a vasectomy. Nestor Cortes is not the answer. Big test this weekend against the surging Astros.
- CHAPMAN/DEADLINE: Aroldis Chapman is just not the same pitcher without sticky stuff. Looks like Chad Green will take over at closer for now. Do the Yankees deal prospects for a big name starting pitcher before the trade deadline?
Sweeny Murti Interview:
WFAN Yankees reporter
- LUIS CESSA: Not getting the love he deserves.
- GREEN: New closer for this team right now.
- GERMAN SITUATION: Why didn’t he just start after the root canal?
Catch up on all episodes of “Pinstripe Pod,” a New York Yankees podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow the whole crew on Twitter @ChrisShearnYES, @NYNellie43 and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the show are released Mondays and Thursdays.