Stanton in the outfield. There’s no Danny Glover and there won’t be fans waving their arms, but hey, it could happen. Will the Yankees DH see time in the outfield finally? Also, Gary Sanchez’s bat is coming around and the Yankees have badly needed it, sweeping a series against the Blue Jays in Buffalo.
To talk about everything Yankees, we bring you a new episode of the “Pinstripe Pod” with Chris Shearn and Jeff Nelson. Our guest this episode is Jeff Nelson himself as we look back to his career on and off the field.
Pinstripe Pod Opening Segment with Chris, Jeff & Jake:
- SANCHEZ’S HOT/STANTON IN OF: Nellie talks about what he is doing and what there is to do in Wyoming. It’s then on to the Yankees. Gary Sanchez is hot. They could badly use Giancarlo Stanton in the outfield, so Sanchez can DH some games.
- TRADING FORD: Did it make sense to trade Mike Ford to the Rays? Will the Yankees be all-in on the trade market?
- GLASNOW’S COMMENTS: Reacting to Tyler Glasnow’s comments and his injury. Should some sticky substances be allowed for pitchers?
Jeff Nelson Interview:
Pinstripe Pod co-host, Yankees great, four-time World Series champion
- BONE CHIPS: Tells the story of his bone chips being sold on Ebay for charity.
- WYOMING: What will he be doing while in Wyoming?
- CAREER: Anything that you didn’t do that you wish you did? Like living in NY or Seattle more? Should you have made another All-Star Game besides the one in 2001? Which hitters did you own?
Catch up on all episodes of “Pinstripe Pod,” a New York Yankees podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow the whole crew on Twitter @ChrisShearnYES, @NYNellie43 and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the show are released Mondays and Thursdays.