Shiba Inu currency (SHIB) has been one of the most popular cryptocurrencies this year, with $21.84 billion in daily trading volume on Oct. 27. A portion of Dogecoin’s viral triumph in the market can get attributed to the underdog’s extraordinary price performance and the die-hard following the project created around the Shiba Inu concept.
As dogecoin’s main market competitor and offshoot, shiba token has sparked interest from crypto investors wanting to ride the next doggy-themed wave and make quick money like many early dogecoin investors did at the start of the year.
What is the best place to buy Shiba Inu coins?
Looking forward to buying Shiba Inu coins but are unsure about where to start? Here are listed some of the best places from where you can purchase these coins. Let’s have a look.
Cryptocurrencies like SHIB are widely available on most major centralized cryptocurrency exchanges, thanks to the widespread popularity of meme coins. Among them are:
- Coinbase Pro
- Huobi Global
We’ll use Binance as an example because it’s one of the exchanges with the volume of SHIB coins.
- Register for an exchange account or log in if you have one already.
- If you haven’t done so already, go through the know-your-customer (KYC) process. This procedure gets completed in a few minutes. On Binance, click “Identification” after hovering over the account icon in the top right corner.
- Go to the website to acquire cryptocurrencies – USDT, USDC, DOGE, or skip this step if a direct fiat currency pair is available – using a credit/debit card, bank transfer, cryptocurrency, or another exchange method.
- Put the amount you’d like to spend on the purchase here.
- Choose your preferred payment method.
- Check for any disclaimer buttons or boxes, then click Confirm. Complete the payment process, and the purchased amount should appear in your wallet within a few minutes, depending on the payment type and exchange standards.
- If you bought a Shiba Inu coin with fiat currency, such as US dollars (USD), the money takes one to five business days to arrive in your account. Then you convert your balance to SHIB. That can get done by going to the “Markets” area of your exchange, finding the SHIB/USD (or SHIB – other currency pair), and selecting the “Trade” option. When you click this button on Binance, you’ll get taken to the exchange interface, where you’ll get guided through the process of using the order book system to place a trade.
On ShibaSwap, how can you acquire a Shiba Inu coin?
There are two decentralized exchanges where Shiba Inu coins can get easily purchased. The first is the ShibaSwap platform, a native decentralized Shiba Inu exchange. You must connect your Ethereum-based wallet to this platform by clicking the “Connect wallet” button in the top right corner (red arrow). There are three distinct wallet options (white arrows) to choose from:
- Wallet Connect
- Coinbase Wallet
After that, you’ll need to create a password and load your Metamask wallet with ether, the Ethereum blockchain’s native coin. The simplest way to do so is to use Metamask’s “purchase” button. That will send you to a page where you can buy ether with your debit or credit card.
After you’ve finished this step, you’re ready to use ShibaSwap to exchange ether (ETH) for Shiba Inu coin (SHIB).
Return to the ShibaSwap website and look for the “Swap” tile on the home screen’s lower left-hand side. The platform’s decentralized swap feature can get accessed by clicking. In the top box, pick “ETH,” the second box, search for “Shiba Inu coin,” and select it.
After that, you’ll need to determine how many SHIB tokens you’d like to exchange your ether for it. Click the “swap” option once you have the correct amount and are satisfied with the fees. SHIB tokens will now be in your Metamask wallet.
On Uniswap, how can you buy a Shiba Inu coin?
Buying SHIB tokens with Uniswap is nearly comparable to ShibaSwap; go to the official website and select the “open app” icon in the top right-hand corner. After that, you’ll need to connect your wallet in the same way.
Uniswap has a selection of Ethereum wallets than ShibaSwap. You can also connect to In addition to the three stated in the ShibaSwap section:
- Fortmatic wallet
- Portis wallet
After that, in the second box, look for the SHIB token choice, just like you did before. If the token isn’t already on the list in this situation, you may need to import it. You must use the correct coin instead of a false one while doing this.
You can determine how much ether you wish to trade into SHIB and execute the transaction if you’re satisfied you’ve imported the Shiba Inu coin. After a few minutes, your new tokens should show up in your Metamask wallet.
How do you get SHIB on your phone?
Buying Shiba Inu coin (SHIB) via a mobile device has the buying SHIB on a centralized exchange. Before you can take any action, you’ll need to create an account and complete any necessary KYC requirements.
The following are some additional steps:
- Go to the mobile-optimized version of a trading platform or download the exchange’s mobile app.
- Set a password and make a paper copy of the seed/recovery phrase! You’ll need the seed/recovery phrase to move your existing account to a new phone if you lose or have your phone stolen.
In New York, where can you buy SHIB?
Residents get frequently barred from purchasing digital assets or participating in new initiatives in New York, known for being one of the most severely crypto-regulated regions in the world. Furthermore, any crypto company operating in the state must receive a license, which issued to fewer than a dozen companies throughout the years.
However, as a New York state resident, there are ways to obtain SHIB without breaching the law. For example, Coinbase has made it easy for residents of New York to buy Shiba Inu coins on its licensed platform. Another method is to use Atomic Wallet to store ether (ETH) purchased from any exchange and then the wallet’s non-custodial, quick exchange capability to convert the ETH balance to SHIB.
While it has many similarities to dogecoin, such as the Shiba Inu motif, vast supply, and low cost, Shiba Inu coin aims to give significantly greater usefulness to its holders. All tokens in the Shiba Inu coin ecosystem can get used to increase interest on the ShibaSwap platform by staking or providing liquidity, making it a hot Defi token as well.